Tuesday, February 27, 2007

DUBAI - Bottom slapper is jailed

UAE, Wednesday February 28, 2007

A British traveller who slapped an airport employee on the bottom at Dubai International Airport has been sentenced to three months in prison.
The 30-year-old repeated the offence in front of police officers when they were called to the scene and made crude homosexual advances to his victim.
At the Court of First Instance the married Briton, identified as AJ, confessed and apologised for the offences saying: "I just want to say I’m sorry, it was a mistake. I am ashamed and embarrassed. I’m asking for mercy. I miss my wife and daughter and I just want to see them." The Briton was convicted of molestation and also fined dhs3,000 for illegally consuming alcohol following the incident on December 1.
The court heard that after passing through an X-ray machine, AJ told the 21-year-old male airport employee: "I was married to someone who looks like you" and then slapped his bottom. AJ then started telling the man that he liked to have sex with men before insulting him, throwing money at him and again slapping his bottom.
The offences were repeated at a Dubai police station following his arrest.
The defendant was not present in court when the verdict was passed, but was arrested by police officers and told of his sentence when he arrived for the hearing.
He then made his impassioned plea to the court.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home