Thursday, December 28, 2006

Update: Another Chapter in the Saga of Our Illegal Immigration Crisis

This was a bad guy. A willing and able menace to society, in many ways.
**
Long Beach gunman slain in Santa Ana shootout
By David Haldane and Stuart Silverstein, Times Staff Writers
December 28, 2006

A man killed in a shopping plaza shootout with Santa Ana police late Wednesday afternoon was the suspect wanted in last week's critical wounding of two Long Beach officers, authorities said today.
The man was identified as Oscar Gabriel Gallegos, 33, who has a history of arrests for firearms violations, felony drug possession, assault and public intoxication, officials said at an afternoon news conference held by Long Beach police officials and Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley.
Gallegos was the only suspect in connection with the Friday afternoon shooting of Officers Abe Yap, 35, a nine-year veteran of the department, and Roy Wade Jr., 39, who had graduated from the police academy three weeks before the attack. The two officers remain hospitalized in critical but stable condition.
**
**
Original Post:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home