Saturday, October 12, 2013

'Duck Dynasty' Star: They Told Us to Cut Jesus from Prayers to Avoid Offending Muslims

'Duck Dynasty' Star: They Told Us to Cut Jesus from Prayers to Avoid Offending Muslims

 
 

Speaking with Sports Spectrum magazine, Duck Dynasty stars Willie and Phil Robertson stated that editors on Duck Dynasty had edited out Jesus’ name in prayers to spare Muslim sensitivities. Phil stated:



When we prayed, we said, ‘in Jesus’ name, amen.’ I don’t have a verse that says you must always use pray in the name of Jesus, but it’s a very good idea, I think. So they would have me say, ‘Thank you, Oh Lord, for the food, thank you for the leavens, amen.’ So I said, ‘Why would you cut out “in Jesus’ name”? And they said, ‘Well, those editors are probably doing that, they think, you know, it might offend some of the Muslims, you know.’


I said, ‘Let’s see now. What year is it?’ They said, ‘What?’ I said ‘What year is it?’ They said, ‘Well, it’s 2012.’ I said ‘2012, AD, Anno Domini, the year of Our Lord.’ I said, ‘You Hollywood cats, you’re counting time…I would think, if we’ve all decided in America to count time by just one of them, Jesus of Galilee…I don’t think it hurts to throw his name in there from time to time, your calendar is based on it.’ They said, ‘We never thought about that.’ I said, ‘Duh!’ I said, ‘Gimme a break!’ So I notice now that every once in a while, they leave it in there.


But you have to remember, spiritual warfare. You have people with no, what do they say, no moral compass. It ain’t there. So what I tell people is be patient. Just be patient. We’re working on it. We’re working on it. We just have to do it. They’re the ones who own the network….People have to understand, people of God have to understand, just be patient. You don’t turn that ship quickly. Lot of depravity, a lot of heat, and a lot of the Evil One, he is entrenched in the Untied States, so you’re not going to turn it…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home