Thursday, November 05, 2009

Greetings From the Heartland!



...
I've Made It!
I am now living in NW Arkansas.
I have to say that people out here are SO INCREDIBLY FRIENDLY!!!
It is lovely here, and I don't miss NYC one single bit!
The movers I used, Infinity Moving, are HORRIBLE. Do not use them. They lost a lot of my stuff - including one box full of heirlooms, antiques and very, very old family photos - none of which can ever be replaced. One piece of furniture was completely destroyed, they lost pillows, a bed frame and one box was delivered to me unsealed, with items missing from it.
Also, the estimate I was given was under $1,200.00 for the entire move - and the move ended up costing me over $2,700.00.
DO NOT USE INFINITY MOVERS - EVER!
...
On a lighter note, my new apartment is lovely with a really nice view. And there are farms with horses and cows across the street.
And the people here are very nice.
It's good to be back in America! In the Heart Of The Land!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm so glad you're back. I have just discovered you -- a soul mate!

Let's see a new picture with cows, etc, in the background!

Kathy

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to Arkansas. I live in the Republic of New Africa, formerly known as Southeast Arkansas.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jill
Glad to see you made it to Arkansas, Sorry about the trouble you had moving. Keep up the good work I enjoy reading your blogs.
Joe I

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home