Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What’s Up With White Women?


The Cheyenne people have a saying: A nation is never conquered until the hearts of its women are on the ground.
**
by David Yeagley · REPRINTED FROM May 18, 2001
**
“LOOK, DR. YEAGLEY, I don’t see anything about my culture to be proud of. It’s all nothing. My race is just nothing.”
The girl was white. She was tall and pretty, with amber hair and brown eyes. For convenience’ sake, let’s call her “Rachel.”
I had been leading a class on social psychology, in which we discussed patriotism – what it means to be a people or a nation. The discussion had been quite lively. But when Rachel spoke, everyone fell silent.
“Look at your culture,” she said to me. “Look at American Indian tradition. Now I think that’s really great. You have something to be proud of. My culture is nothing.”
READ IT ALL:

********************************************************

In a nation of strong men... men take care of their own, so that no one usurps the nation.
Well, maybe white women are right. White men have failed. They have failed to look after the nation, failed to make sure every man knows how to take care of himself and his own, and counts it an honor so to do.

READ IT ALL:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home