Saturday, September 29, 2007

Illinois Schools Canceling Christmas and Halloween to Avoid Offending Muslims

They've already changed the lunch menu to exclude items containing pork to accommodate Muslim students.
**
Pretty much everything about Muslims and Islam offends jillosophy.
Let's ban them.
I hereby pledge to do all I can to offend Muslims
any time, any place, any way I can.
**
**
littlegreenfootballs.com
Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 7:00:53 pm PST
Another absolutely disgusting example of pre-emptive dhimmitude, in the name of tolerance and multiculturalism, right here in the US:
First Jell-O, now Santa.

**
So long, Halloween parade. Farewell, Santa’s gift shop.
The holiday traditions are facing elimination in some Oak Lawn schools this year after complaints that the activities are offensive, particularly to Muslim students.
Final decisions on which of the festivities will be axed will fall to the principals at each of Ridgeland School District 122’s five schools, Supt. Tom Smyth said.
Parents expect that the announcement is going to add to the tension that has been building since officials agreed earlier this month to change the lunch menu to exclude items containing pork to accommodate Muslim students. News that Jell-O was struck from the menu caused such a stir that officials have agreed to bring it back. Gelatin is often made with tissue or bones of pigs or other animals.
That controversy now appears to have been been dwarfed by the holiday debate, which became so acrimonious Wednesday that police were called to Columbus Manor School to intervene in a shouting match among parents.
“It’s difficult when you change the school’s culture,” said Columbus Manor Principal Sandy Robertson...

READ IT ALL:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I no longer live in suburban Illinois. I left there after I graduated from college. I go back frequently, and am astonished at how much it has changed and not for the better. Once quiet, tidy, little neighborhoods now look like third-world barrios/colonias. The radical, liberals have lost all common sense. I find ethnic-identity politics and policies offensive. I find it offensive that Chicago celebrates Mexican Independence Day, I find it offensvive that Muslim students refuse to assimilate and worse yet, are forcing American kids to change to their way of life. If they don't like what's up at public schools, then send your kid to private school, home-school, or send your kid abroad. I find it even more offensive that the spineless school officials cave into these ludicrous, arrogant demands. American and non-Muslim students shouldn't be treated like second-class citizens. No one is making these kids eat anything they don't like. How about their parents pack them their own lunch? Has common sense been lost?

12:06 PM  
Blogger John said...

Are the politicians in Illinois all idiots? Oh, wait! I guess people who choose to go into politics in Illinois must already BE idiots by definition.

I suggest that Illinois cancel Ramadan since it might offfend Christians.

Makes about as much sense.

Phooey!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My feeling is they knew what out country was about before they come here. I don't believe we should have to change our ways or beliefs just to make they feel good. They could always go to the country that believes the way they do and have no other freedoms.I don't believe there is anything that says they have to participate in our ways and beliefs. We don't tell them they can't have their own ways and beliefs, just don't expect us to join them.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only been to illinois once in my life and I will never go back. You people and making things so convienient for terroist oops I mean tourist or should I call them immigrants or no I should call them americans because you give them a hell of alot more freedom and respect than your own people. Someone give me a rope and let me end my life before I hear something else about how our goverment officials and our presidents let the stupidest laws pass and making it where you can't say GOD in the pledge of alligence you know what you can all go to hell and I'll home school my kid instead of giving my money to schools that are useless!!!! up yours if you don't like it. ITS CALLED FREEDOM OF SPEECH! remember that ammendment!!

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!!! WHY ARE WE SUPPOSE TO CHANGE OUR WAYS TO ACCOMMEDATE THEM. IN THEIR COUNTRY THEY SURE DO NOT ACCOMMEDATE US!!!!! THIS IS WRONG AND THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING BEFORE OUR COUNTRY BECOME THEIR CONTRY!!!! THAT IS ANOTHER REASON I LEFT ILLINOIS BECAUSE OF ALL THE BULLSHIT IT PRODUCES!!!!!!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home