Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Oh, and by the way.... WE HAVE ALREADY BEEN INVADED... AND BETRAYED. ALL OF US.

KGBT Channel 4 - Rio Grande Valley:
**
David Sipe is a once convicted criminal who can honestly say he "didn't do it."
"Relief. Relief. After 7 years, it's gone. It's over." The ex-border patrol agent gets a 2001 guilty verdict overturned in his retrial for civil rights violations against a smuggler.
The incident dates back to April of 2000 in Penitas. "He was striking me in the side... he was very close to my weapon... and I had to do what I could to control the situation as fast as I could." Fearing for his life, David subdues the smuggler by hitting him with his flashlight. It results in staples to the smugglers head. A border patrol investigation is launched and deems his actions inappropriate -- even illegal.
"I don't know how they're able to do that... but I don't think that's fair."
Neither did a jury who overturns his conviction from the first trial against him. David says the government, who he faithfully worked under for nearly 4 years, turns its back on him while rolling out the red carpet, as he puts it, for the illegals turned witnesses. "They got to stay here and work in our country."
The smuggler even gets a government settlement. "80 thousand dollars... he now has his own ranch in Mexico."
As for David -- he doesn't collect a thing. In fact, his life and family gets ripped apart. "My house foreclosed on after having to file bankruptcy, my children having to live through this... of course my wife divorcing me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home